The Appaloosa Horse Club (ApHC) is pleased to announce the 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees. The Appaloosa Hall of Fame was created in 1986 with a purpose of recognizing individuals and horses whose contributions have made an impressive and lasting impact on the industry as well as the ApHC. Each year nominations for the Hall of Fame are submitted by the ApHC membership. The ApHC Board of Directors then review each nomination and vote to determine the horses and individuals this prestigious honor will be bestowed upon.
• Andrews Centerfold, – (automatic induction – earned Bronze Supreme Dam Production
Plaque in 2013) 1995 mare bred by Judi A. Claude of Woolstock, IA and owned by the
James H. Wild Trust of Sarcoxie, MO.
• Dandy Zippo – 1988 stallion bred by Prairie Grass Farms, Inc. of Oklahoma City, OK and
last owned by Janet Amy Wollowick of Hollywood, FL.
• Post Haste – 1971 stallion bred by Cynthia G. Grenfell of Cerrillos, NM and last owned by
John W. Whitford of Lees Summit, MO and Susan S. Kidd of Lynnville, TN.
• Sure Nuff Fast – (automatic induction – earned a Bronze Supreme Dam Production Plaque
in 2013) 1997 mare bred by David F. Mackie and Susan C. Mackie of Houston, TX and
owned by Gary Vaughan of Coalgate, OK.
• The Dreamanator, – (automatic induction – earned 14 bronze medallions) 2005 gelding
bred and owned by Earl A. Steinert of Strafford, MO and Stephanie Steinert Stewman of
The above inductees will be honored at the 2013 Year-End Awards Banquet held in conjunction with the 67th National Championship Appaloosa Show in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition, each Hall of Fame inductee will be recognized on an engraved plaque featuring a photograph and biography to be on permanent display in the Appaloosa Museum.
To purchase tickets for the 2013 Year-End Awards Banquet, contact Candyce Forsman, ApHC Awards Coordinator at 208.882.5578 ext. 245. For information about the Appaloosa Museum, please contact Crystal White at extension 279.
For more information about past and current ApHC Hall of Fame inductees, visit appaloosa.com.